Hello guys,

I'm new to this mailing list, so I'd like to introduce myself.
I'm working with Calvin Austin at Sun in the Java support for
Linux. I went through the mailing list archive and didn't find anything
for the following, so just in case:

There is a workaround in jdk1.3.1-FCS on i386 for a thread/socket problem
on Linux. The bug is listed at
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4344135.html
In short;
On Linux platforms, a thread that is waiting on an I/O operation will not wake
up if a file involved in the I/O operation is closed. This problem is being
tracked as bug 4344135. To avoid this problem, set the J2SE_PREEMPTCLOSE
environment variable to 1.

Hope this helps and, as always, feedback are welcome.

Ludo.