On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 11:28:31, Gerald Bauer said:
> > One comment -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a
> > technical mailing list.
>
>   Correct me if I'm wrong. The point of blackdown is
> to create a free Java runtime alternative for the free
> Linux operating system.

You're wrong!

The blackdown port is a port of Sun's java source to Linux, using the
Sun sources under the Java source agreement.  This is not a free (as
in freedom) JVM.

>   Don't you think it's worth clearing up Sun's Java
> trademark policy before investing any further effort?

Perhaps, but not on this list.

Keith

--
  Keith T. Garner                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so