Hello,

after flashing my Ipaq H5550 with 'bootgpe2-v0.7.2+unstable16-h3900.jffs2'
(from www.handhelds.org) and installing 'java1.3_1.01-oxy2_arm.ipk' (all
other java packages causes segmentation faults) and the
'additional-ipaq-stuff' I get the following errors by executing java:

|> java -green [several parameters] MyClass
|
| [...]
|
| the following errors occures by starting a Java application on my H5550
| current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to C***
|
| [...]
|
| Exception occurred during event dispatching:
| java.lang.InternalError: java/langNullPointerException
|       at sun.awt.motif.X11Graphics.pSetFont(Native Method)
|       at sun.awt.motif.X11Graphics.setFont(X11Graphics.java:266)
|               at de.irt.mhp.palimpl.rendering.DVBGraphicsImpl.setFont(Unknown Source)
|       at de.irt.mhp.palimpl.rendering.DVBGraphicsImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
|       at de.irt.mhp.palimpl.rendering.PureJavaCompositor.update(Unknown       Source)
|       at de.irt.mhp.palimpl.rendering.PlaneImpl.update(Unknown Source)
|       at de.irt.mhp.palimpl.rendering.DVBGraphicsImpl.updatePlane(Unknown     Source)
|       at de.irt.mhp.palimpl.rendering.DVBGraphicsImpl.dispose(Unknown Source)
|       at de.irt.mhp.palimpl.rendering.ScreenImpl.paint(Unknown Source)
|       at de.irt.mhp.palimpl.rendering.ScreenImpl.update(Unknown       Source)
|       at sun.awt.RepaintArea.update(RepaintArea.java:337)
|       at sun.awt.motif.MComponentPeer.handleEvent(MComponentPeer.java:353)
|       at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2663)
|       at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1213)
|       at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:914)
|       at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:2497)
|       at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:339)
|               at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
|                       (EventDispatchThread.java:131)
|       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
|                       (EventDispatchThread.java:98)
|               at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
|       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:85

Nevertheless, the application starts up and shows a JFrame.
Unfortunately there is nothing in it.

By logging in into the Ipaq, executing 'ssh -X ipaq' on my notebook, and
starting the main class, the NullPointerException does not appear and the
JFrame starts in a normal way on my notebook.

So I suppose there is something wrong with my X libraries?!
(xserver-kdrive-fbdev version 6.6.1-14; xlibs version 4.2.20030122-8;
libxt version 4.2.20030122-10; libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 version
1:2.95.4-0.010407-fam1)
Additionally I have installed some font-packages and replaced the
xserver-kdrive-fbdev with xserver-tiny-h3600, the result is the same.

Are there any suggestions??

Thanks for help.....

Regards,
Steffen