Juergen wrote:

> The Blackdown Java-Linux Team is happy to announce the availability
> the Java 2 Standard Edition v1.4.2-01 for Linux on i386 and
> Linux on AMD64.
[snip]
> Notes for the AMD64 Version:
> ===========================
>
> The AMD64 version of J2SE 1.4.2-01 uses the HotSpot Server VM by
> default.  The HotSpot Client VM is not available for AMD64 at this
> time.
>
> * Requirements
>     - glibc 2.2.5 or newer
>     - kernel 2.4.19 or newer
>     - XFree 4.2 or newer
>     - 64-bit build of Mozilla 1.0 or newer (needed only for the Java
> Plug-In)

Just installed blackdown 1.4.2_01 amd64 on a Fedora Core 2 amd64 system
(Mozilla 1.6 Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.6)
Gecko/20040510)

Running the Jmol applet with this new amd64 plugin still crashes Mozilla.

for example http://www.jmol.org/demo/atoms

Q: Is there any way that I can get any useful diagnostics/debugging data
before the crash to help determine what is going on?

The Jmol applet is well tested and runs on other browser/os platforms.

Q: Are people successfully able to run other applets with the 1.4.2_01
blackdown amd64 release?

Miguel