phlinux wrote:
Hello,

java -jar myapplication.jar

will launch my java application. I want that this application reads some file from a .jar file.

On the internet I found a lot of samples for this job, but of course I need the name of the .jar file.

The name of .jar file is myapplication.jar. But how to get it ?

In Linux, with C program argv[0] is name of the program.

My question is : How can I find that the running program is myapplication.jar ? Is there a portable mechanism
in java taht is linke the argv[0] in C context ?

Look closely at the declaration of your main method. There should be parameters there. If not, it can be re-written. Here is an example which you can see the parameters but they are not used. The idea behind this was to double check and see if 25gigabytes would fit in a Long value:

public class LongValueChecker
{

        Long _longValue;

        public static void main ( String[] args )
        {
                LongValueChecker app = new LongValueChecker();

                app._longValue = new Long(( new Long(27) * new Long(1073741824)
));

                System.out.println ( app._longValue );
                System.out.println ( Long.MAX_VALUE );

        }

}

The output is:
28991029248
9223372036854775807

So in other words a Long value can hold 25 Gigabytes on the order of tens of millions of times over.

String[] args at the main declaration is where you get arguments from.

Wirte your self an experimental program that accepts a parameter and then prints it using System.out.println().

Jim C.