Hello,

IMO, it would be nice to extend JServSSI so that it accepts ordinary SSI
tags (as accepted by mod_include of Apache) as well as the <SERVLET> tag.
This is possible with the Java Web Server and I've seen such requests in
newsgroups.

In fact, we have some code ready. It implements the SSI tags include,
flastmod, config, fsize and echo, and other tags could be added easily.
The code is based on JServSSI v1.0, so it would be some work to merge it
into the development branch -- that's why I'd like to see your reactions
(votes?) first.

About the code: the parsing of the tags is rather similar to your
PageParser & *TagHandler stuff. There is one handler class for each SSI
tag. Merging into the development branch would probably just mean adding
TagHandlers for tags like "!--#include" and dumping our own PageParser.

Looking forward to your reactions, ciao,

Peter

--
URBAN Peter                      Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office INF 233                   WWW:   http://lsewww.epfl.ch/~urbi