Re: New

Hi,
On Tue, 18 May 1999, Urban Peter wrote:
UP |> We should write some documentation regarding the new features, and then
UP |> make a distribution since [lots of reasons]
UP |
UP |I've just cleaned the javadoc of the new classes and added a few
UP |paragraphs to README and the javadoc of the SSI class about the new
UP |features. Maybe the only thing missing is an updated CHANGES file,
UP |otherwise we're in shape for a release. What do you think?

Some cleanups:

 - I've some cleanups for the README pending (mostly merge of the changes
   made so far on the main branch)

 - I'd like to explore, if a bug still is in the SSI invocation of
   Servlets: If a SingleThreadModel-Servlet is executed with SSI, a new
   Servlet of this type is instanciated instead of a Servlet from the
   Pool. IIRC this is because the SSI Servlet context is used instead of
   the target servlet. If this bug is still there and not fast to fix, the
   README should have this fact in a Known Bugs-Section.

 - Maybe the HTML-files should be updated to reflect the new features:
     o traditional SSI (<!--#...) support
     o easy session tracking without cookies using ParameterPropagatingSSI
     o A Reference to the javadoc-files describing the TagHandler Stuff

After that, we're reade to release, I think.

ciao,
  -hen
---
Henner Zeller                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 PGP pub key [77F75B39]: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 "One difference between SuSE and Red Hat is that the former operates in a
  country where people don't sue each other over coffee being too hot."
                                                            Linus Torvalds