Hi,
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Ed Watkeys wrote:
EW |> But you're right: if using Sessions and SSI one shouldn't be stuck with
EW |> URL rewriting .. so
EW |
EW |Not only that -- URL rewriting seems pretty incompatible with SSI. Any
EW |link in a .jhtml document would need to be munged, or the session
EW |would be lost. Yucky.

yeah. I had that problem - and implemented ParameterPropagatingSSI which
rewrites automatically any URL in the jhtml-pages; its part of Java
Apache SSI 1.1

EW |Very cool. A nitpicking question: will a session newly created by a
EW |servlet exist to subsequently-invoked servlets during the same HTTP
EW |request?
Yep.

EW |> Just thinking about making buffering the default behaviour for SSI. It has
[...]
EW |servlet, or if the behavior were specified as an init parameter, the
EW |non-buffering implementation could be used for both cases. If this
EW |were to happen, I would suggest throwing an exception if
EW |getSession(true)
or at least log() a warning. I'll think about it.

ciao,
  -hen
---
Henner Zeller                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 PGP pub key [77F75B39]: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 "One difference between SuSE and Red Hat is that the former operates in a
  country where people don't sue each other over coffee being too hot."
                                                            Linus Torvalds