From the Servlet Tutorial:
'Because cookies are sent to the client as a header and headers must be
written before accessing the Writer'.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/servlets/client-state/cookies.html

         If I have a jhtml page, that has a <servlet> tag. The servlet
called by JSSI creates a session. How can it do this? Assuming it decides
to use cookies, Does the JSSI engine parse ALL results, then notice that
the servlet is sending a cookie and it include it in the headers? Does the
cookie get lost?

         Basically what I'm asking is can a Servlet accessed through JSSI
set a cookie, and if so, how is it possible when the cookie must be sent in
the header?

David