Apache has a rewrite module, which once enabled, will do as you wish.
The following lines are from my apache.conf file and demonstrate how to
rewrite /servlet/uk.co.townpages.servlet.kiosk.Op8 to servlet/kiosk.
This is server specific though.  Hope it helps.

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/ApacheModuleRewrite.dll
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/servlet/kiosk(.*)
/servlet/uk.co.townpages.servlet.kiosk.Op8$1 [PT]