Venkateswar Bhamidipati wrote:

> I'm trying to view a servlet and it says the URL of the class not found on
> the apache web server...but when I comment a mailing code, I can view the
> servlet..also I can run the same mailing code in a standalone program and
> send the mail..
>
> but it just doesn't work inside a servlet ..what could be the problem??

I've had a similar problem, but (strangely) only on alpha. I have a
servlet that mails passwords to clueless people who've forgotten them,
simple, and works on intel and sparc, but not alpha. My solution
(unpleasant) was to set up an RMI service that I sent text to and it
produced email. Icky I know, but it worked.

Tom