If I had a query of the form (assuming this gets converted to Lucene-speak)

Org=X or Folder In(g,h,i,j,.....) or Public=true

Having a field for Org, and Public is easy, but the Folder field In-like clause (which would be converted into OR's) could potentially have quite a few in the clause.

my question is, is there any performance concerns here if ("...In(g,h,i,j,....) ") starts getting longer and longer? Can Lucene handle this in an optimal manner, without a serious scalability issue ? (memory/cpu/io etc). Or would it be better that a different design is used gor this?

Paul Smith