I am having a large index (100GB) and when i run the following code :

String indexLocation = servlet.getServletContext().getInitParameter(
"com.lucene.index" );
logger.log( Level.INFO, "got the index location from:  " + indexLocation );
searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexLocation);
logger.log( Level.INFO, "we created an instance of  SearchIndex" );

I never get to see the last message "we created an instance of  SearchIndex"
and I get
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

please if anyone has any ideas???.