Le 18 mai 05, à 11:51, John Haxby a écrit :
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
I haven't used Lucene with NFS. My understanding is that the problem
is with lock files when they reside on the NFS server. Yes, you can
change the location of lock files with a system property, but if you
are using NFS to make the index accessible from multiple machines, then
changing the lock file directory to a local directory doesn't make
sense. However, it sounds like you are using a NFS-mounted partition
simply because that's where you have sufficient space, not because you
need to access the index from multiple machines, so you should be OK
with changing the lock file directory to a local dir.

I haven't tried this, but under Linux (at least), you can specify the "nolock" parameter to make file locking appen locally. Of course, this will make it impossible to use NFS to share the index among several machines, but, as Otis said, that doesn't seem to be the requirement here.

Just a hint that we have experienced using Lucene Indexes on NFS partitions to be much much slower than local partitions... aside of the little lock issues.

paul