From: Ian Soboroff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 10:08 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search Theory Book

"Monsur Hossain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Much along the same lines, I'm curious if "Information Retrieval: Data
> Structures and Algorithms" (by William B. Frakes, Ricardo Baeza-Yates)
> is a good resource?  Its referenced a lot in "Modern Information
> Retrieval", but I imagine because its written by the same guys.

It's out of print, and is rather out of date... for example, the chapter in
indexing is neat for the early 90s but not necessarily relevant when disk is
fast and cheap.

There's a web page at http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~rbaeza/iradsbook/irbook.html
with a table of contents and some code from the book.

Ian