1. My application requires documents to be sorted on one of my indexed
fields everytime.
I use the hits.setSort() method to specify the field.
In short my application will never use the scores generated by lucene
search.
Is calculating scores a overhead? Can I skip the process somehow?

2. let C = A or B

In a normal scenario, if A is true the value of B is not checked and C
is set to true. The value of B is checked only if A is false.
I guess this is not what lucene does as it has to calculate the score
for the document. Am i right?
If yes, I there any way I can do it using the normal scenario?

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards,
kC