Kevin Burton wrote:

I have an index with a date field. I want to quickly find the minimum and maximum values in the index.

Is there a quick way to do this? I looked at using TermInfos and finding the first one but how to I find the last?

I also tried the new sort API and the performance was horrible :-/

Any ideas?

You may keep a history of the MIN and MAX values in an external file.
Let's say, you can write in a text file the MIN_DATE and MAX_DATE,
and keep them up to date when indexing, deleting documents.

Best,

Sergiu

Kevin