On Jun 13, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Harald Stowasser wrote:

Harald Stowasser schrieb:

P.S.
I tried now to use DateFilter. This works, but is very slow on longer
Date-Ranges. (30sec. )

Filters in general were meant for one-time creation and caching. If the date ranges are fixed and the index not being updated, then DateFilters will work fine as you only create each filter once. If the index updates, thats ok, as you can simply reinstantiate the filters when that occurs.

My recommendation is for you to consider using YYYYMMDD format for your dates to begin with, but I'd like to see more about the range of dates that you're indexing and what kind of ranges you need to accommodate for searching.

    Erik