Hi,

I've been looking around at analyzers for use in Lucene.

Among the contributions, the Snowball projects' output seem quite nicely usable.

However, right in the box of lucene-1.4.3.jar, there's a GermanAnalyzer, using a stemmer, and a RussianAnalyzer. Several other languages can be found in the contribs directory.
Any reason I cannot find an "EnglishAnalyzer" and an EnglishStemmer ?
I don't think the other analyzers I could find (e.g. StandardAnalyzer) are based on stemmers.

thanks

paul