On Jul 18, 2005, at 8:12 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
I have 2 Questions.
But there were no question marks! I don't understand your questions at all, sorry, but I'll see if I can decipher it somewhat....

1) The Search Criteria src requires to automatically fill " " between Search words with a Boolean Operator " AND ".

You mean to achieve AND'd clauses? By default, OR is the operator, and AND must be explicit. You can construct a QueryParser instance and set the default operator to AND, though, and then OR must be explicit.

2) The Search Criteria src requires to automatically recognise the existing Boolean Query ' AND , + ' present and append the same
     with  out any manupulations.

Ex : -
Search Word  =

'Lucene in Action Erik hatcher and Otis + Gospodnetic ' = lucene AND action AND Eric AND hatcher AND otis + gospodnetic .

How to Achieve this , Is there any mechanism built into Lucene to handle such situations.

Yes, this sounds like the default operator is what you're looking for. Since you use "Lucene in Action" as an example, flip to page 94 for more discussion on this, and then flip to the other pages mentioned here:

    http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=default+operator

Erik