Why not put the application on the CD as well? .. or at a minimum, the
lucene JAR.  That way you never have to worry about the possibility of it
changing.

: Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:32:33 -0400
: From: "Tardif, Sebastien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: Static index on CD, how much forward compatible is the index
:
: Otis,
:
: Let say I have a static index on CD, and my customer will be using this
: CD for the next 10 years. I will also probably fix bug in the
: application that use the CD and probably want to upgrade Lucene library
: at some point. How much backward compatible is Lucene with old index
: when Lucene release new version?
:
: Does Lucene has any "good" history on index backward compatibility?
:
:
: