Hi All,
I have indexed a document collection using the option “WITH_POSITIONS”:

doc.add(new Field("contents", new FileReader(f),
Field.TermVector.WITH_POSITIONS));

...to get the positions in which each of the terms is found:

wordPositionsVector = termPositionVector.getTermPositions(wordIndex) ;

Now I would like to include two statistical parameters in the “Lucene
Index” containing additional information about the position of words on
the document.
It is possible to modify a “Lucene class (document/Field.java????)” to
save this additional information in the index?
My idea is to request the saved data later by the search process, ...
something like :

int[] wordPositionsStatistics =
termPositionVector.getTermPositionsStatistics(wordIndex)

Have somebody any idea?

thank you in advance.

Patricio