If the original document contains the case-sensitive content that
document will be retrieved with higher score.

For example:
Document 1: "Java Virtual Machine is ...."
Document 2: "java virtual machine is ...."

Index Contents of Document 1:
Java java
Virtual virtual
Machine machine
Is

Index contents of Document 2:
java
virtual
machine
is

If I understand correct, the query "Java Virtual machine" should
retrieve with Document 1 ranked higher than Document 2 because the query
is matched twice in Document 1 but only once in Document 2. In the case
of all lower case queries we don't have to OR the queries.

Rajesh Munavalli