Hi All,
I have been using Lucene in my application to search over 4 million recordes
updated daily.
I am currently using a single index with 21 fields.
Some of my fields contain numbers that are foreign keys to my data. I have
provided a dropdown of values to select from, on my search form, to search on
these fields.

A typical scenario of my index/search  is:
FIELD-1:token;index - formatted text using WhitespaceAnalyzer
FIELD-2:token;index - formatted text using WhitespaceAnalyzer
FIELD-3:ndex - integers[foreign keys] stored as string.
FIELD-4:ndex - integers[foreign keys] stored as string.

Sample Search Query:

(FIELD-1:apple OR FILED-1:orange) AND (FIELD-3:4 OR FILED-3:5)

The results are Sorted on FILED-4.

I am getting results as expected.

An additional requirement is to bunch the search results display the count.
eg. ouput:
Search Results:
1. Doc 100
2. Doc 209
3. Doc 897
etc...

Search Clusters:
Total Results = 540
+results in [FILED-3:4] = 400
---results in [FILED-4:1] = 150
---results in [FILED-4:7] = 130
---results in [FILED-4:3] = 100
---results in [FILED-4:others] = 20

+results in [FILED-3:5] = 140
---results in [FILED-4:2] = 90
---results in [FILED-4:1] = 30
---results in [FILED-4:others] = 20

I have no clue how to do it using a single index.
Any pointers in this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
KapilChhabra
--
Sent from the Lucene - Java Users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Search-Results-Clustering-t249355.html#a696937