Hi Dan,

What's the term? Could this be an analyzer problem? Are you using
the same analyzer for indexing and searching?

Fred

At 09:06 PM 8/24/2005, you wrote:
I have the following strange behavior for an index. The index has been
optimized and has no deletions. It's in compound file format.

Using Luke 0.6 I can browse by Term and find my term (ItemId:727680). It's a
Keyword field.  It shows a docfreq of this term is 1. It also shows all the
document fields including the correct ItemId value. If I build a TermQuery
and search for the term I get no results. Similarly, if I click on the Show
All Docs button in Luke, I get no results.
Is my index corrupted? Is there some state or some way of doing a TermQuery
search that is making both Luke and my direct query fail?

One thing that makes me suspicious is that the behavior seems to apply to
the 4 highest lucene docids (each with there own unique term), but not
earlier docs (as far as I can tell). There are 14,337 docs in this index.

Any ideas on what could cause this or how I could construct a search that
finds this document?

Thanks,
Dan