Try Luke, see exactly what is indexed for these companies.

: Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:21:54 -0400
: From: Dan Quaroni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: Can't find record when I'm sure I should
:
: I have a set of indexes containing business information (name, address,
phone, etc).  There are a couple particular companies that don't come up when
people search for them.  I've used our debugging app that allows lucene queries
to be executed directly, and I have confirmed this.
:
: I can find the company if I search for it in the debugging app either by its
unique ID or address, but when I search for it using query only on its exact
name, it doesn't show up.
:
: Any advice for how to debug this?
:
: Thanks!
:
: To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:

-Hoss