Trunk of Lucene is very stable, more so than 1.4.3 I've heard.

Is 1.9 release close? Hard to even say. It could be. No substantial changes to the trunk before 1.9 is officially released are planned that I know of.

        Erik

On Jan 2, 2006, at 3:51 PM, Colin Young wrote:

That would probably explain things. Is 1.9 close, or are we still
talking months aways? Unfortunately, what I'm trying to do is use the
code for Berkeley DB Java Edition which, best as I can tell was only
ported against the 1.9 code, so it looks like my choices are to do the
port myself, or check out 1.9 to see what the current issues and and see
how stable it is for my purposes.

Thanks

Colin Young

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2 January, 2006 05:12
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems with sandbox - can't find
org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput

I haven't checked the specifics, but many of the contrib (the "sandbox"
is the old name for it) projects have upgraded their latest code to be
against the trunk of Lucene, which is destined to be Lucene 1.9. You'll need to either grab a previous JAR built before the codebase changed, or upgrade yourself to the trunk of Lucene's subversion repository all the
way around.

        Erik