From: Amol Bhutada [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:21 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: indexreader refresh

If I have a reader and searcher on a indexdata folder and another
indexwriter writing documents to the same indexdata folder, do I need to
close existing reader and searcher and create new so that newly indexed data
comes into search effect?

I have checked through google, got some pointers but some important links
are not opening now, so If you can give me a pointer or clear picture about
this it will be great.

I am looking at implementing lucene searching for a site having millions of
user records so even looking for best way to keep my indexes uptodate while
searching is going on.

thanks
Amol

Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the
views of Synechron, and its Directors, Management or Employees. This
communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions. If
you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering
the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
e-mail by error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. You shall be under obligation
to keep the contents of this e-mail, strictly confidential and shall not
disclose, disseminate or divulge the same to any Person, Company, Firm or
Entity. Even though Synechron uses up-to-date virus checking software to
scan it's emails please ensure you have adequate virus protection before you
open or detach any documents from this transmission. Synechron does not
accept any liability for viruses  or vulnerabilities. The rights to monitor
all e-mail communication through our network are reserved with us.