I've got a some code developed for Lucene 1.4.1, that works around the
problem of having both (1) multiple default fields, and (2) the AND
operator for query elements.  In 1.4.1, MultiFieldQueryParser
effectively only allowed the OR operator.

I'm wondering if this has changed in 1.9.  Will I be able to get rid
of this work-around, and use a standard Lucene-provided class to
achieve what my hand-written code now achieves?

If so, it will simplify my move to PyLucene a great deal.

Bill