I've got a daemon process which keeps an IndexSearcher open on an
index and responds to query requests by sending back document
identifiers.  I've also got other processes updating the index by
re-indexing existing documents, deleting obsolete documents, and
adding new documents.  Is there any way to notify the IndexSearcher
that the index has changed, and to (somehow?) re-read it?  Or is that
automatic?  Will it just re-load the index as necessary?

I'm using PyLucene 1.0.1, which corresponds to Lucene 1.4.3.

Bill