Hi,

> From: Daniel Noll [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I don't know how this will be for efficiency.  If you did it
> that way, you would have to re-open the index for every
> single document you add, otherwise you might miss a duplicate
> which was added recently.

You do not need to reopen index for every single document if the new
data doesn't contain dupes.

In any case, we use the following algorithm:
- remove dupes from new data (it's possible)
- open writer, open reader/searcher
- use reader/searcher to check for dupes
- use writer to add new documents
- close all

Pasha Bizhan