In the example code, take a look at the SearchServlet.java code and the performFeedback and getTopTerms() methods, which demonstrate the use of the term vectors. It is fairly well commented. You don't need maven, JSP or JUnit for this. On the indexing side, look at the TVHTMLDocument for how to construct the term vectors.

As for how to do Rel. Feedback, you can search the mailing list archive, there have been many discussions in the past that will offer insights into RF in Lucene. I also like the book "Modern Information Retrieval" by Baeza-Yates, et.al as a text for the theory behind RF. You may also find the MoreLikeThis implementation (again, search this mailing list and look in the Lucene contrib section) satisfies your needs.

Hope this helps,
Grant

varun sood wrote:
Hi
Thanks for replying.

I read your ppt. It is good. But the code or the basic relevance feedback is
not explained there. Actually I am not familiar with JSP, JUnit, Maven, etc.
I guess It will take me lot of time to actually discover how the things work
in demo program because I have to learn all those technologies first.
Is there any documentation or some brief notes on how Relevance Feedback has
been or could be done? I am looking on manual Relevance Feedback system.

Thanks,
Dexter