Mufaddal Khumri wrote:
When I do a search for example on "batteries" i get 1200+ results. I would like to show the user lets say 300. I can do that by only extracting the first 300 hits (sorted by decreasing relevance by default) and displaying those to the user.

If you are only talking about ordering the number of items that you are going to show to the user, that seems to imply that the number will be small. Why don't you just re-sort the items that you are going to display to the user somewhere in your code after you get the documents back from lucene? It may not be quite as clean, but I doubt that there will be any performance impact.

Dan