Hi,

I would like to override the Similarity class lengthNorm(String fieldName, int numTerms) so that it behaves similar to queryNorm(float sumOfSquaredWeights). So the method signature becomes lengthNorm(String fieldName, float sumOfSquaredWeights) where sumOfSquaredWeights = sum of the squares of doc term weights.

Looking at the way sumOfSquaredWeights was used in org.apache.lucene.search.Query weight method, I would like to have a weight method in org.apache.lucene.document.Field (or may be in org.apache.lucene.document.Document) which returns the weight based on the terms in the Field. Can anyone tell me how to start?

Thanks.

--
Eugene