On 3/11/06, wu fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi :
>   I'd like to search several indices located at diffrence partition.I think
> use MultiSearcher is the right way.But when I inspected the source code of
> this class,I was confused because  I can not find any code that seach all
> the indices and combine the result ,how does this class do this job?Any help
> will be appreciated

If the indicies are all on the same machine, you can use a MultiReader
instead of a MultiSearcher to search across them.

MultiSearcher does have the code to search across multiple searchers though.
The constructor takes an array of Searchable, and the search methods
delegate to those searchers and combine the results.

--
-Yonik
http://incubator.apache.org/solr Solr, The Open Source Lucene Search Server