Hello all,

I'd like to append an * (create a WildcardQuery) to each search term in a query, such that a query that is entered as e.g. "term1 AND term2" is modified (effectively) to "term1* AND term2*". Parsing the search string is not very elegant (of course). I'm thinking that overriding QueryParser#get(Boolean etc.)Query is the way to go, the way it's designed. But still, extracting terms and injecting them back in while operating on specific Query classes does not seem the way to go.
Can anyone perhaps suggest a nice alternative?

Thanks very much and have a nice day,
   Florian