Ok thanks

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Tom Hill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Sat 3/25/2006 12:39 AM
        To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
        Subject: Re: delte documents into index

        Hi Thomas,

         > > Is it possible to write into the index and delete some documents
in the
         > > same time?

         > Yes, have a look at the IndexModifier class.

        If by "the same time" you mean "in one session", or something like
        that, then yes, IndexModifier will help.

        But if you mean from multiple threads, you'll have to do a fair
        amount more work to keep them synchronized. IndexModifier won't work
        in multithreaded scenario, at least as far as I can tell.

        Tom