Hi All,

I've tried to search for the topic, but to no avail so far... Sorry if it's
been raised before.

Here's the issue: All my "documents" will be having a few (2-3: title, short
description) short fields. You see, it's rare that the same word is repeated
several times in a title, so will Lucene be able to give me a decent ranking,
or will it be able to tell me "oh, yes, this term is in the following 300
titles".

On what I've read on the topic so far, it seems that inverted indexes do work
good on big texts, as they are able to exploit the repetition of words to do
ranking.

Will it work for small fields?

Sincere,
Maxym
P.S. If you have links to good reading on inverted indexes, I'll appreciate
that too.

Maxym Mykhalchuk
(+39) 320 8593170
PhD student at University of Trento, ITALY