I have asked the exact same question a few weeks ago. I just follow the customized distance example and loop the results again to get another field and compute the scores. It will be painful if you need more than 3 fields. So far I didn't find any other way to do it. Hope we can see some new classes to address the problem. To be able to customize ranking is very important to a search engine.

Yang

Urvashi Gadi wrote:

No...the information is available only at search time

Quoting Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Could your computation be done at indexing time rather than at search time? If so, pre-compute the value and index that into a single field.

    Erik