27 apr 2006 kl. 02.18 skrev Andy Goodell:

For my application we have several hundred indexes, different subsets
of which are searched depending on the situation.  Aside from not
upgrading to lucene 1.9, or making a big index for every possible
subset, do you have any ideas for how can we maintain fast
performance?

You probably need to explain the reason for splitting them up in order to get a good answer to that. And how big are they?

Without knowing anything about your application I say: merge them all to one and add a field you apply to a boolean clause. But with a few hundred indices it sounds like you have a design plan that don't work with above.