Hi, I hava an application that need mark the retrieved documents  which have
been read. So the next time I needn't read the marked documents again.

    I have an idea  that adding a particular field into the indexed
document. But as lucene have no update method, I have to delete that
document, and add it again.  I think it seems a little stupid. Or I can use
a database to satisfy the mark requirement, but how does the database relate
to lucene index, especially when i want to retrieve document that I have
read? Maybe there is a better idea.

    Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.