On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 10:53:23PM +0200, Marcus Falck wrote:

Hello,

> The term scorer will give higher score on documents containing both
> terms. This is a problem (in our application) since in this case want
> the same score on documents as long as they contain 1 of the terms
> (since we are dealing with newsletter observation for companies they
> want to get the hits ordered by date to get the complete overview).  I
> tested to rewrite the TermScorer to give me the same score with
> success. So my question is.

What exactly do you want to achieve with your application?

You speak of "immediate alerts". I understand this as: Your users
specify keywords or queries and when you receive a new document which
matches a query you alert the user.

Is this what you want to do? If so I don't think that Lucene is useful
for this kind of realtime queries. Instead of using an inverted index
it would make more sense to use a normal index which contains the
terms you search for. If you receive a new document make a lookup on
each term of the document using the index. It _might_ be possible to
do this with Lucene by storing the search-terms as documents and using
the documents which you receive as queries, but i guess this it isn't
that trivial.

If you need a combination of traditional search and real-time alerts a
hybrid solution may make sense. But using Lucene for real-time search
isn't a good idea (at least IMO).

bye,
/gst