Marcus Falck wrote:
There is however one LARGE problem that we have run into. All search result should be displayed sorted with the newest document at top. We tried to accomplish this using Lucene's sort capabilites but quickly ran into large performance bottlenecks. So i figured since the default sort is by relevance i would like to change the relevance so that we don't even need to sort the documents. I guess alot of people at this mail list can give me valuable hints about how to accomplish this! (Since i now about the ability to sort by index id (which i haven't tried) I can also add that i can't guarantee that all documents will be added in correct date order (remember the several systems, the future plans is to buy content from different actors on the market and index it up).

A HitCollector should help. Matching documents are passed to a HitCollector in the order they were added to the index. So if newer documents were added to your index later, then the newest N documents are simply the last N documents passed to the HitCollector.

Could that work?

Cheers,

Doug