Hi Adam

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

On 23/05/06, Adam Constabaris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Patrick Kimber wrote:
> Hi Adam
>
> We are getting the same error.  Did you manage to work out what was
> causing the problem?
>
> Thanks
> Patrick

I can't say anything definitive about this, but I think it was due to a
corrupted index; on the hunch that the index creation/update threads
were reliably putting bad data into the index, I got more careful about
the way the IndexModifier was being used: the updating process runs a
series of tasks periodically, and by calling modifier.flush() at the end
of each processing run, the AIOB exceptions went away.  I never resolved
why the indices in the error messages were so similar, however.  I hope
that helps in some small way (or a large way, but I'm a realist =).

AC

> On 21/04/06, Adam Constabaris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> This is a puzzler, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or whether
>> I have a poisoned document, a corrupted index (failing to close my
>> IndexModifier properly?) or what.  The setup is this: I have two
>> processes (the backend and frontend of a CMS) that run in two different
>> VMs -- both use Lucene 1.9.1 with the PorterStemmerAnalyzer wrapper over
>> the StandardAnalyzer (from lucene-memory AnalyzerUtils).
>>
>> The backend is responsible for index creation, updates, etc., while the
>> frontend process uses the created index.  What's puzzling is that some
>> queries will die with an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException being thrown out
>> of the BitVector class:
>>
>> Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 240
>>          at org.apache.lucene.util.BitVector.get(BitVector.java:63)
>>          at
>> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermDocs.read(SegmentTermDocs.java:133)
>>          at org.apache.lucene.search.TermScorer.next(TermScorer.java:105)
>>          at

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionSumScorer.advanceAfterCurrent(DisjunctionSumScorer.java:151)

>>          at

org.apache.lucene.search.DisjunctionSumScorer.next(DisjunctionSumScorer.java:125)