From: Alexey Sorokin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:21 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to craete index with particular ID

Actually you don't need to create text file. Get data from db and
create Document that put in index. At least you must store ID of row
in Document. Or you may store doctitle and docpath too.

For each row you shoul do something like this:

Document doc = new Document();
doc.add(new Field("ID", [here you row ID value], Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
doc.add(new Field("TITLE", [here value of doctitle field],
Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
doc.add(new Field("PATH", [here value of docpath field],
Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));
indexWriter.addDocument(doc);

After searcing you have Hits, get doc from Hits and get value of "ID"
field of that doc - now you may get row from table by ID and receive
any data.

2006/5/31, Amaresh Kumar Yadav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi All,
>
> Infact i want to search data which is stored  in a table on oracle...
>
> my table contains two fields "doctitle" and "docpath", first
field(doctitle)
> represents location of some document and second field(docpath)represents
> documents title.
>
> I want to apply lucene search on doctitle.
>
> What i want to do for  search ...
>
> First create a text file which contains data(that is retrived by oracle
> query) which is stored in table.
>
> Now i want to creat index for this file.
>
> now i want to search on title of document which is stored in the text
file.

> after searching i want to disply corresponding path from index file.
>
> How should i creat such index file  ???
>
> how should i proceed????
>

> With Thanks & Regards
>
> Amaresh

> DISCLAIMER
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any
use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the
sender by reply email and then destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions
and other information in this message that do not relate to official
business of the company shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed
by NIIT Ltd. or NIIT Technologies Ltd. Any information contained in this
email, when addressed to Clients is subject to the terms and conditions in
governing client contract.

ICQ: 166072598