Hi all,

my index size has grown too much and I keep getting outOfMemoryError after
running few searches. I am using all the RAM that the JVM is allowing me 2.6GB.
I am left with two solutions now, the easy and expensive solution is to upgrade
the hardware to a 64-bit System and use more RAM. the other solution is to
split the index in let's say 3 indexes, deploy each index on a different box.
as I understand using a RemoteSearcher will require opening the indexes with
same Searcher, which will result in the OutOfMemoryError(correct me if I am
wrong). so each box will have it's own searcher, I need to find a way to run a
query on the 3 indexes and combine the results based on the query criteria.
has anyone done this before, and how was the performance?. is there another way
that I am missing?.
thanks for the help,
for those who love soccer enjoy the world cup.