Hi,

Kent's suggestion worked (in fact, I had looked for such a method in
other classes of the API -- forgot to look in IndexReader).

It works just as expected :)

Thanks again

On 6/13/06, Erick Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I just tried it (opening an IndexSearcher) and got this exception...

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\blank\segments (The system cannot find the
file specified)

The directory c:\blank exists, but is empty. So, it seems you can just catch
the exception and infer that your admin users aren't doing very well at
keeping up <G>. Or you could test for the existence of the sebments file
first, up to you.

Best
Erick