I have "Tokenized" multiple items into one index directory as
illustrated below.

I can successfully search on any one indexed field ( as illustrated
below )
...the question is how would I search on all my indexed fields at one
...any ideas ? I have heard of MultiSearch but I am not sure if that
is appropriate here .

Thanks,

Rod

// Build Index

Analyzer analyzer = new StopAnalyzer(COMBINED_STOP_WORDS);

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(dir, analyzer, true);
.
.
Document doc = new Document();
Field field = new Field("URI",
                 "/someDir/someFile",
                 Field.Store.YES,
                 Field.Index.TOKENIZED);

doc.add(field);
Field field = new Field("SUMMARY",
                 "this is a summary",
                 Field.Store.YES,
                 Field.Index.TOKENIZED);
doc.add(field);
Field field = new Field("STATUS",
                 "Success",
                 Field.Store.YES,
                 Field.Index.TOKENIZED);
doc.add(field);
.
.
writer.addDocument(doc);

// Search just URI index
IndexSearcher is = new IndexSearcher(directory);
QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("contents", new StopAnalyzer());
Query query = qp.parse(findMe.toUpperCase());
Hits hits = is.search(query);

// Search the URI, SUMMARY and STATUS indexes
??