From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 July 2006 15:14
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Query using parenthesis

On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:57 AM, WATHELET Thomas wrote:
> How to parse this query COM(2005) 0123 in LukeAll?
> I have this result cocnumber: com
> ????

Your question is not clear.  But I'm always happy to lend a hand...

Try the query:
        COM\(2005\) 0123

Parentheses are special characters with Lucene's QueryParser, so
escaping them with a backslash is needed.

But also be aware of the analyzer setting and the parsed query Luke
displays.  Your question brings up a whole slew of Lucene
Troubleshooting 101 steps:

   * What exactly are you trying to find?
   * How was it indexed?
      - What analyzer(s), what field types
   * What are your users interacting with to search the index?
(probably not Luke, right?)
   * How will the users interface build the queries issued?

Erik