By 300MG I assume you mean 300MB.

You can also try extracting the text outside of lucene by using a
PDFBox command line app.

java org.pdfbox.ExtractText <pdffile>

you may need to increase the JRE memory like this

java -Xmx512m .pdfbox.ExtractText <pdffile>

OR

java -Xmx1024m .pdfbox.ExtractText <pdffile>

If this is still giving you an out of memory error then it is possibly
an issue with PDFBox, if that is the case then please create an issue
and attach/upload the PDF on the PDFBox site.

Ben

> Thanks.
>
> I am using the getText(PDDocument) method of the PDFTextStripper. I
will
> try the other suggestion.
>
> suba suresh.
>
> Rob Staveley (Tom) wrote:
> > If you are using

http://www.pdfbox.org/javadoc/org/pdfbox/util/PDFTextStripper.html#getTe
xt(o
> > rg.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument), you are going to get a large String
and may
> > need a 1G heap.
> >
> > If, however, you are using

http://www.pdfbox.org/javadoc/org/pdfbox/util/PDFTextStripper.html#write
Text
> > (org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument,%20java.io.Writer) to go via a
temporary
> > file, you will not need so much RAM, but you need to use

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.
html
> > #Field(java.lang.String,%20java.io.Reader) to construct your Lucene
field
> > (rather than

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.
html
> > #Field(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%
20org.apache.lucene.document.Fi